Formula Editor

Copper Contributor

Hi Everybody,

currently, I am developing a tool for a client for company controlling purposes. My formulas are getting longer and longer.

Now, I have spent more than two hours looking for a comfortable formula editor - preferably as plugin - where formulas are displayed and editable in programmer's view. I did not find anything (except for some chinese guys who - for whatever reason - do not want any money for a microsoft plugin...).

Am I _really_ the only one who does not like the endless lines of Excel-formulas where you have to imagine all the interlacing, indentations and dependencies?

Can anyone suggest me an appropriate tool for that purpose. It does not have to be free. Priceless would be enough ;-). And it should work with the German version of Excel

Thank you for your time.

Am 

8 Replies

I'm not sure what exactly is required. but send this link ... maybe it will help. If not, just ignore it.

Erstellen benutzerdefinierter Funktionen in Excel
https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/office/erstellen-benutzerdefinierter-funktionen-in-excel-2f06c10...

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE 

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I was looking for a tool that would make

=WENNFEHLER(WENN(AF6="H";(INDIREKT("[Data.xlsm]SuSa_"&$C$1&"12!K"&AB6)*-1);INDIREKT("[Data.xlsm]SuSa_"&$C$1&"12!K"&AB6));"")

readable like

=WENNFEHLER(

WENN(AF6="H";(

INDIREKT("[Data.xlsm]SuSa_"&$C$1&"12!K"&AB6)*-1);

INDIREKT("[Data.xlsm]SuSa_"&$C$1&"12!K"&AB6))

;"")

Maybe that explains it a litte bit better.

@OfficeWorks 

Perhaps I know what did you mention in the first post. I also don't know proper formatter, if you find something please share.

@OfficeWorks 

maybe I can help with this link.

Is in German as requested by you.

Formel-Editor

https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/office/formel-editor-6eac7d71-3c74-437b-80d3-c7dea24fdf3f

This font will enable display of Math equations created using Microsoft Equation Editor 3.0.

Install MTEXTRA.TTF (is not supported in the download, unfortunately I cannot send it to you, please download it yourself)

To install this font on a single PC:
1. Locate the MTEXTRA.TTF font file you just downloaded.
2. Right-click the font file and choose Install.

After that visit this Link

http://www.wiris.com/en/equation_editor/microsoft

Read the instructions carefully in the first link from Microsoft, all details are described there. Hope it was this kind of editor. If not, just ignore it.

PS. The editor is only available in English, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't work with German office versions, so read it carefully.

I wish you a pleasant day.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

@NikolinoDE 

That's equation editor, not formatter

Today is not my day, talk out of turn ... I have to pull myself together ... Thanks for the hint again.
Gotta put my thoughts together

thx
Nikolino
Tried to download the editor, but without success. It appears, Error 404 Not found.