Formula building

Copper Contributor

Hello

I'm trying to build a formula which retrieves data from one worksheet to display on another

Here is what I am trying to do:

the formula will be displayed in cell c24 on worksheet "comparison"

on worksheet "summary", find a specific value (in this case 21405 is the value) in table 35 (table 35 is located on the "summary" worksheet) , in column C (or the header is Unit on the table) and add all the amounts associated with that value from column P (or the header is YTD Total on the table)

If there are no instances of the specific value then return a n/a

I will also be using this formula to retrieve totals by month, which are also listed in table 35

I've tried a few different scenarios but get ref# so clearly I'm missing something

Any suggestions?

Lorie@3345

3 Replies

@lorie3345 

Perhaps you may provide small sample file, it's hard to reproduce this scenario based on description only.

@Sergei Baklan here is sample 

I am currently working on the 2020 comparison YTD Totals , then I will apply the formula to the 2019 figures once it is calculating properly.

This is what I have started with:

=COUNTIF(Table25,MATCH($A24,Table37)) 

not sure if that is correct but now I need the formula to continue on to add all instances of the value specified in cell A24 on Table 37 from column P on table 25 (which is YTD Totals for the header). I am trying to get a year over year comparison of how many ltrs each unit is using.

Thank you for any help you provide

@lorie3345 

@lorie3345 

Perhaps you mean SUM(), not COUNT(). When

image.png

with

=SUMIF(Table25[UNIT],[@UNIT], Table25[YTD TOTAL])