Formatting

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

I have set up a COVID 19 last minute ordering site and the orders can be exported. The issue is the file comes in a very impractical format. 

I need to be able to highlight for example 'beer' and then know how many there are on order in total. I have conditional formatted the word Beer to come up in Red, but is there a way of being able to get excel to then collate all the Beers and the cell next to it (with the amount) to one place so instead or trawling through every one, Excel can group them all together so I get a total. I am also having the same issue with the delivery dates.  In summary, I want the spreadsheet to be able to spit out same delivery day orders together and also be able to do summary of total products ordered. 

1 Reply

Hi@bexTDK,

You need to connect you source file with the Power Query which in Data Ribbon Tab for Excel 2016 Onward Data>Get Data>From FILE >CSV/Text

You can clean and shape your data as you like, load the data into excel then do your analytical part. 

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official Answer to help the other members find it more