SOLVED

Formatting Data Entry, Series Color Automatic Change Problem

Iron Contributor

Hi there.

I created a file to show monthly amount distribution. I used 3 colors which are blue for planned, green for actual and red for forecast. I only want to use these 3 colors in my chart to show planned, actual and forecast monthly distribution. After i crete a table which includes all of them, i want to see each of them as using slicer in excel. as if montly concrete distribution for part-1 or overall etc.

After i use my slicer a few times ( Indeed after i choose one them, then i look for different combination and then i back previous combination), my bar colors changes to automatic instead of solid. i don't want them to be automatically different colors. But after i play with my slicer, it changes. How can i make it stable without changing automatic? I need your help dear community members.

And Dear @Sergei Baklan i wanted to mention you especially, because i always become amazed with your solutions.

You can find documents about my problem which includes before and after excel files. You can see how colors become automatic and chart is broken.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Sekoleyte (Iron Contributor)
Solution

I found it guys. There was a same topic here earlier :)
I won't delete this one as hoping it helps others too. The solution is:

File > Options > Advanced > Chart >
deselect 'Properties follow chart data point for current workbook'
deselect 'Properties follow chart data point for all new workbooks'

In any case, thanks guys. I love you ! Continue to share your info and experiences !

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Sekoleyte (Iron Contributor)
Solution

I found it guys. There was a same topic here earlier :)
I won't delete this one as hoping it helps others too. The solution is:

File > Options > Advanced > Chart >
deselect 'Properties follow chart data point for current workbook'
deselect 'Properties follow chart data point for all new workbooks'

In any case, thanks guys. I love you ! Continue to share your info and experiences !

View solution in original post