SOLVED

Format an entire row.

Copper Contributor

I need to format an entire row colour based on any date being entered in one cell  in that row and have it applied to the whole page.

4 Replies

@Rick64 

You haven't specified any details, so I'll provide a random example. Let's say you want to highlight a row if the Sell Date is more than 30 days after the Purchase Date.

Select the entire range from row 2 down to the last used row.

I will assume that the active cell in the selection is in row 2.

On the Home tab of the ribbon, select Conditional Formatting > New Rule...

Select 'Use a formula to determine which cells to format'.

Enter the formula

=$N2-$A2>30

The $ signs before the column letters are essential here - the "fix" the columns.

Click Format...

Actvate the Fill tab.

Select a color.

Click OK, then click OK again.

best response confirmed by Rick64 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Hans Vogelaar 

Hi mate, thanks for your reply but does not seem to work. If one of my share holdings gets sold I would like to have that particular row change colour so that it is easier to keep track of which shares I am still holding. Will try and attach the file. You can see where I have coloured the rows manually, i would like this to happen for every sold share if possible.

@Rick64 

So a row should be highlighted if column N has a date?

You'd use the formulka =$N2<>"" in the conditional formatting rule.

See the attached version.

@Hans Vogelaar 

Thanks Hans, much appreciated.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rick64 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Hans Vogelaar 

Hi mate, thanks for your reply but does not seem to work. If one of my share holdings gets sold I would like to have that particular row change colour so that it is easier to keep track of which shares I am still holding. Will try and attach the file. You can see where I have coloured the rows manually, i would like this to happen for every sold share if possible.

View solution in original post