Footer Photo and Page Number

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to make a footer with a photo and page numbers on top of the photo. When I have the page number on the right side of the footer then the page number appears on top of the photo. When I have the page number on the left side of the footer then I don't see the page number. If I delete the photo from the footer then I see the page number. So it appears that the page number on the left is layered behind the photo. Is there a reason why it works on the right side but not on the left side? Is there a way to layer the various elements of a footer? 

Thanks for any help. 

5 Replies

@Karla15 , with such design of the footer

image.png

page number will be visible in print preview in any case. To make it visible in Page Layout view Bottom margin shall be some more than sum of Image Height and Footer margin.

@Sergei Baklan Thanks for your reply. But the page number isn't visible in print preview or when I print the document. Here is how I have it set up. My excel is in Dutch so pagina=page and afbeelding=picture. 

Photo excel footer.JPG

This is how it looks in preview and how it is printed. The page number is only on the right side. 

Photo excel footer 2.JPG

If I remove the picture then you can see both page numbers on the right and left sides. 

Photo excel footer 3.JPG

If I have it set up like this with the photo and page number both on the left then the page number is below the photo which I also don't want. 

Photo excel footer 4.JPGPhoto excel footer 5.JPG

@Karla15 , sorry, I misunderstood you, thought under the picture, not on the top of the picture.

In the footer picture object is on the top of all objects to the left. 

As workaround you may add picture only to the left section

image.png

and into the middle section the page number. To move page number to the text you may add some text after the field (I put dashes here for visibility). There 256 characters limit on all characters within the footer. If type spaces you reach the limit quite fast, I don't know why. 

image.png

After replace dashes with spaces portion by portion to be under the limit and play with colors.

image.png

Finally it looks like

image.png

@Sergei Baklan That worked. Thank you so much for your help!

@Karla15 , you are welcome