Fonts Suddenly Change When Using Wrap Function and Text Orientation

Copper Contributor

I've been using the current version of Excel in 365 ProPlus for months and have had no problem until now.  When I open an existing Excel file, the headings (rotated 90 degrees and using Arial Narrow font) are distorted (see "after" screenshot below).  The problem goes away if I turn off wrap text.  Note in the image below that the left is without wrap and the right is with wrap.

I began using a new monitor about 2 weeks ago and had no problem until today.  I made hardware adjustments yesterday, but my Windows resolution is still the same (2560x1440).  Any help is appreciated.

Excel Font Wrap and Orientation.jpg 

1 Reply

@jelarv 

The plot thickens...the monitor in my post is wide-screen 49" 5120x1440 resolution with a "picture by picture" (PBP) mode which allows the computer to be fooled in thinking there are two 2560x1440 monitors side-by-side (which is where I first saw my problem).  I mention this because when I turn off the PBP mode and open the Excel file in the 5120x1440 resolution, the problem goes away (as shown below).

So I guess my question is: Is this problem due to:

1. Monitor manufacturer (a large consumer products company that begins with an "s" and rhymes with hamstrung) or

2. Graphics card; or

3. Windows settings

Excel Font Wrap and Orientation 5120x1440.jpg