Font size in a drop down list

Occasional Visitor

How can I increase the font size in a drop down list?

3 Replies

Hi @BillyHank1402;

Unfortunately best to my know you cannot increase the font size in a drop-down list with data validation.  But if you are using form control then you can list increase the size in changing the drop-down property.

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official Answer to help the other members find it more

@Faraz Shaikh Can you give me the steps to do this please?

@BillyHank1402 

Unfortunately, the font size of a drop-down list can only be changed using VBA.

However, you can make the font smaller around the drop-down box (or across the entire sheet), and then zoom in on the overall view. In this way, the font in the drop-down field is also displayed larger.

VBA code :
Alternatively, only with a little trick - simply enlarge the zoom to, for example, 200 when a cell is selected with a dropdown (otherwise set it back to 100):
Change event must be incorporated.

Private Sub Worksheet_Change (ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
On Error Resume Next
If Target.Validation.InCellDropdown Then ActiveWindow.Zoom = 100
End Sub

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange (ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
On Error GoTo error handler
If Target.Validation.InCellDropdown Then ActiveWindow.Zoom = 200
Exit Sub
error handler:
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 100
End Sub

Hope I was able to help you.

Wish you continued success with Excel (the coolest invention since Chocola ... uh ... Microsoft! :-)))
And ... Please keep asking here - I've just taught myself Excel with the help of this forum ... almost

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here