First time posting. Combine cells with the same value

Copper Contributor

Hi community!

That's my first post of Excel! I have a question about using the following values:

I have a Spanish Sharepoint list query in Excel.

For each row is a user audit in a store in different days. I want to count all  FALSE values per User audit entry in a single column. 

Jesus_645_0-1675697981283.png

There are some entries for each user. I want to get something like this:

User1: 12 False

User2: 5 False

User3: xFalse

Can i use an specific formula which can update each time that I update database?

Thank you so much!!

Best Regards.

Jesús

5 Replies

@Jesus_645 

Maybe with Power Query. In the attached file you can add data to the large blue dynamic table. Then you can click in any cell of the green table and right-click with the mouse and select refresh to update the green result table.

The layout of the data in the screenshot is for illustration. You can place the green table to the right of the blue table or on another sheet.

count cells.JPG

Thank you!

I try to add new rows in the attatched file but the green table data don't update when i select refresh.

The "Count" column number is my achievement. I can copy the green table in the original file but i need the function which get "falso" and "verdadero" count per user.

@Jesus_645 

=SUMPRODUCT((Tabelle1[User]=A25)*(Tabelle1[[FalsoVerdadero1]:[FalsoVerdadero9]]=B25))

You can try SUMPRODUCT. This formula returns the same result but it doesn't require Power Query.

falso verdadero.JPG 

@OliverScheurich 

Yeah!! It was found with the true (Verdadero) values, but it's wrong with the other value.

Jesus_645_0-1675771033863.png

For example: User1 has 27 "VERDADERO" values and 7 "FALSO" values, not 33. For each user, true value is correct.

How is the problem? I used this formula:

=SUMAPRODUCTO((Tabla_Auditoría[Usuario]=[@Usuario])*(Tabla_Auditoría[[Portal]:[Cabecera]]=[@Incidencia]))

@Jesus_645 

I can't tell what the reason is without seeing your sheet. The formula returns the expected results in my sheet as you can see in the screenshot of my last reply. Can you attach a sample workbook without sensitive data or a screenshot without sensitive data which shows the formula, the whole data and the results in your sheet?