First time help request

Copper Contributor

Hello! First time here, so I hope I'm posting on the right board.

I have turn-around time data that is entered by my staff in columns for each individual date.  But I would like to summarize the data in various categories with the date filtering down a single column and the categories moving horizontally.  I've gotten the date field to work with an INDEX function, but since I'm trying to use SUM and COUNT/COUNTIF functions as well, I can get one row to work but I can't figure out how to copy the formulas down the table to maintain the reference to the row range while allowing the column to move as the formula is copied down each row.

Could use some guidance on the best way to handle this as I want to be able to present the data using pivot table/chart. 

2 Replies

@umasirhc Please have a look at the attached workbook. Noticed that you already had all the calculations you tried to make in the Summary sheet, at the bottom of the TAT sheet in some hidden rows. Now you can link the summary to that area. The formulae I created use Named ranges. This makes writing, reading and maintaining the formulae easier. I hope you find it useful.

@umasirhc 

I've tried few ideas. But Macro should help you.