Finding and selecting values from one dataset in a larger dataset?

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have a list of about 500 ID numbers in a spreadsheet that I selected from a previous, larger dataset. I now want to go back to the original dataset and find and select these 500 IDs so that I can look at the additional info that accompanied them in this original dataset (in the other columns). Is there a way to search for a large list of values in a spreadsheet so that they all get highlighted, rather than having to command F each value one by one? I have Kutools if that helps.

Thanks!

2 Replies

@ajoseph08 

If you have the most recent version of Excel, I think you would find that the FILTER function would do what you're asking. Or could be used, with appropriate criteria.

Here's a YouTube video that explains that and a couple of other new "dynamic array" functions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I9DtFOVPIg

Learn everything about our brand-new Dynamic Arrays and how you can use them to build advanced spreadsheets. Arrays (CSE) have long been present in Excel, but were limited to power users. With Dynamic Arrays we have rebuilt the calc engine, effectively turning all formulas into array formulas ...

@ajoseph08 

You can work with conditional formatting. In the attached file is an example for a small set of data.