SOLVED

findAll method - Can't get to row indexes

Copper Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I need to manipulate a few strings in my spreadsheet.For that, I'm using the findAll and getAddress() methods.

The getAddress returns a string with all the matches just like what the documentation shows e.g. Sheet1!A1 231, Sheet1!A1 300.

I'd like to get to all the row indexes instead if possible, otherwise I need to clean up the returned string.

Would that be possible?

Thank you,

Escad

4 Replies
findAll and getAddress are not standard Excel functions. From what you are describing, however, FILTER(ROW(all_items);some_condition) might get you what you want. Also, if getAddress literally returns what you show, you could also try =INDEX(TEXTSPLIT(some_address," "),1,2)*1.
best response confirmed by Escad199001 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Escad199001 

There are no other options for getAddress(). Options are to transform returned text by script or outside; or return row indexes by other way.

findAll() returns set of areas, for each are you may related to this area range properties. For such example

image.png

Output is

image.png

I ended up doing something similar, so yes you're right!
I was wondering if another pre-defined method existed and I had missed in the documentation.
Good to know! Thanks Sergey.

@Escad199001 , you are welcome, glad to help

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Escad199001 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Escad199001 

There are no other options for getAddress(). Options are to transform returned text by script or outside; or return row indexes by other way.

findAll() returns set of areas, for each are you may related to this area range properties. For such example

image.png

Output is

image.png

View solution in original post