Find last row copy and paste into access

Copper Contributor

I have been searching through many threads (both Excel and Access) for the solution, but cannot get it to work.

I am running a macro to organize data to be imported to MS Access.

I have an Excel spreadsheet "Customer Routing" which has data copied from a web page, this data is sorted to remove ASCII characters and to split the date cell which is for example 11 Jan (Private),

I can have a few or many records so I work in the range AJ2 to AQ100

I highlight the column "AO1:AO100" split the column with "Text to Columns" then reform the date using =AR1&" "&AS1&" "&AT1 this causes the column to become a text field, I then format the column to "a Date" but that only effects the cells filled with the date, so I end up with a column of Date" and "Text" cells

This causes an error when I import into MS Access as I am trying to import a "Date" and a "Text" into a "Date" field in my DB

I have found some code that finds the last row and selects the range "AJ1:AQ100" it appears to selects false data. 

My question is:

Why does it select rows below the last filled row and how do I get it to select only filled rows

Attached is part of the code showing the date cell splitting and the find last row

Geoff

1 Reply

@GeoffK78 Have you considered using PowerQuery to do the data gathering, cleaning and transformation (i.e. splitting and data-typing)? It's often easier than VBA. Which web-site are you copying data from? Can you upload an example file, showing the data copied from the web and how the end result should look like?