Find and replace in excel online

Copper Contributor

Hi there

I am trying to search and replace a word in a excel link it returns "Not Found"

11 Replies

@gvanderwaltshopritec 

Find or replace text and numbers on a worksheet

Find 

To find something, press Ctrl+F, or go to Home > Editing > Find & Select > Find.

Note: In the following example, we've clicked > Search Options to show the entire Find dialog. By default, it will display with Search Options hidden.

Tips: You can use wildcard characters — question mark (?), asterisk (*), tilde (~) — in your search criteria.

• Use the question mark (?) to find any single character — for example, s?t finds "sat" and "set".

• Use the asterisk (*) to find any number of characters — for example, s*d finds "sad" and "started".

• Use the tilde (~) followed by ?, *, or ~ to find question marks, asterisks, or other tilde characters  — for example, fy91~? finds "fy91?".

Replace

To replace text or numbers, press Ctrl+H, or go to Home > Editing > Find & Select > Replace.

Note: In the following example, we've clicked > Search Options to show the entire Find dialog. By default, it will display with Search Options hidden.

Tip: When you click Replace All, every occurrence of the criteria that you are searching for will be replaced, while Replace will update one occurrence at a time.

Need more?

I hope that this information will help you.

Thank you for your time and patience

Nikolino

@NikolinoDE , that's Excel Online, not sure it works the same way as on desktop version.

Hi Sergei
You are right not the Same, it can't search and replace in Formulas or links
Thanx
Gideon
not the Same, it can't search and replace in Formulas or links
Is in the info / link, for web .... should work ... theoretically.

Can't try it out myself at the moment, rely on what Microsoft said :)

@gvanderwaltshopritec 

In general it searches within formulas. For example

image.png

after replace

image.png

i have a link to another spreadsheet, and this is where it does not work ?

@gvanderwaltshopritec 

Link on another worksheet looks like =Sheet2!A1, link on another workbook some URL starts from =https://....

In both cases you may find and replace something in link text, e.g. Sheet2 on Sheet3. You can't replace the value on which you have link, for that you shall change it in the source.

i have a Multiple links Like This
='https://shoprite-my.sharepoint.com/personal/gvanderwalt_shoprite_co_za/Documents/Conf Call SA/Cat Analysis/[Cat Cent Template.xlsx]Summary'!B8
i want to Change the word "Cent" to "Durban" using Find and Replace as there are to many Link on one Page.
Hope that explains it.

@gvanderwaltshopritec 

You are right, that doesn't work. I'll send a frown from Help->Feedback, you may do the same.

@Sergei Baklan Thank you for your Help