SOLVED

FILTER

Copper Contributor

I nee to know why FILTER in same spreadsheet can work in one computer and not in other. Both computer have Office365 installed.

Thanks.

11 Replies

@JoseRamonLagos 

And both are on same channel and same version of Office365? 

Web has translate your msm automatically to Spanish, so not sure what you mean with "same channel?". REgarding version of Office365, not sure if they have same version, but function could stop work with differente version of Office365???
best response confirmed by cuong (Microsoft)
Solution

@JoseRamonLagos 

Office365 subscriptions is distributed by channels and within them by versions. In general FILTER() shall be available for all channels but semi-annual version 1908. You may check that in File->Accounts, it looks like

image.png

@Sergei Baklan Thanks!

Sergey, I have Office professional 2016 version 2105, but filter does not work. 

David565_0-1624728152748.png

@David565 

Based on screenshot you are on Excel 365. It shall work here, in Russian locale that's ФИЛЬТР(). 

Функция ФИЛЬТР - Служба поддержки Office (microsoft.com)

I dont know... it does t work

David565_0-1624730680953.png

@David565 

Nope, that's another function. 

What is your subscription, is it business, home, student, whatever ? It shall be here

image.png

And why did you decide you are on Office 2016 Pro?

@David565 

Oops, I forgot 2016 also could be with C2R installer. If that's 2016 when no way, FILTER() and other related to dynamic arrays functions are on subscription model (Excel 365) only.

These days build number means practically nothing. It could only indicate if code for this or that functionality is included into the build. But that doesn't mean that functionality will be activated.

But I installed Office 365

David565_0-1624830232095.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by cuong (Microsoft)
Solution

@JoseRamonLagos 

Office365 subscriptions is distributed by channels and within them by versions. In general FILTER() shall be available for all channels but semi-annual version 1908. You may check that in File->Accounts, it looks like

image.png

View solution in original post