Filter

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have made a huge mistake in creating my table in excel: not to make lines to big i wrote necessary information in line down but I did not put the same number into line down (i did not put any ordinal number too that lines, I just wrote Ibidem), then I have done a lot of filters in the columns and know I realize that data in the lines with Ibidem and without ordinal number are in the wrong place in the table. It very difficult to explain.... I add a prtscr photo as a example... you see number 472 in line and line down is empty, this line should be in the other place in the document. My question is, is there any possibility to back my data before any filter were used? Of course I press "clear" in the filter but it does not work...Thank You for the help.

2 Replies
This image is not sufficient to understand the issue ,,, please share the WB with us !!

@KatarzynaB If you have just filtered items in your table, clearing the filter should bring the table back into it's original state as filtering does not re-order the rows of your table. It merely hides/unhides rows based on the filter settings.

However, if you have sorted the table and if you have meanwhile saved and closed the file, there is no way to sort the rows with "Ibidem" back to their original place in the table.

If you haven't saved/closed the file yet you can undo the last edits by pressing Ctrl-Z (on Windows; Cmd-Z on Mac) repeatedly and see how far back you can go.