Filter Function

Copper Contributor

Here is what I am trying to do: I have a list of excavators that each bucket goes to, list of types of buckets, and descriptions of each type of bucket. I have 3 drop down list in 1st picture. 1st one selects which excavator you want. The 2nd one selects the type of bucket you want. And the 3rd one, I want you to be able to only select the descriptions for the types of buckets for the excavator models selected in the 1st and 2nd drop down. I have attached some screen shots below of the problem I am having. 

#1- I used the unique formula to get all the different model excavators. This is working correctly. Drop down list on 2nd picture.

#2- I used the unique formula to get all the different type of buckets are at offered for these excavators. This is working correctly. Drop down list on 2nd picture.

#3- This is where my issue is. I am trying to use a filter function so that when I use my drop down list on the 2nd picture, it will filter only the descriptions of buckets for the certain excavators and type of buckets that are selected in the drop down lists for #1 & #2. With the formula I have in now, on #3 on the 2nd picture, it will pulling up all the buckets for #1. It isn't taking #2 drop list into account. I have also tried taking that formula in the first picture and adding ATTTable[Type] to it so that it would have all 3 columns in the formula, but it comes back with the #VALUE Error. How can I fix this?

Picture #1Picture #1Picture #2Picture #2

1 Reply

@lverret1230  You want to FILTER the original list by both factors so try this:

=FILTER(AttTable[Description],(AttTable[Excavator]='Quoting Sheet'!B24)*(AttTable[Type]='Quoting Sheet'!A25),"none")