Filter Function with Lookup or second condition

Copper Contributor

I am looking to minimise the number of columns required for a filter function formula whereby a table is filtered by 2 conditions, one is date, the second is Account Type.

I can get it to work if the table (Table1) contains an Account Type Column, however, interested to know if this lookup can be contained within the Filter Function.

Based on the way the extended spreadsheet works, I would reduce the number of columns by 24.

Whilst this isn't a big issue as I can hide them, I am interested in finding out how far the Filter Function can go.

Example attached:

Q - What is the Filter function required to cell H10 if Table 1 does not have an Account Type Column

The aim is to filter Table1 to show only data that is in the user selected fields (pink).

Normally Table1 and Table2 are on their own separate worksheets with just the spill table by itself. However, for the sake of clarity, I have combined onto the one sheet.

Any tips would be appreciated.

MS Excel FILTER Function - Nested or Multiple Conditions.png

Sorry - I couldn't work out how to add the excel file...

1 Reply
maybe this link is helpful, but I still can't figure i out...

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/excel/concatenating-arguments-in-the-filter-function/m-p/1426...

Does this help?
I was unable to find a combination that worked....