SOLVED

Filter from one sheet to multiple others

Copper Contributor

I am working on a sheet with a list of people from different departments and would like to sort the list by departments into different sheets in the same workbook automatically. I have been trying to use the filter formula but I can't see to get it right. 

What would be the best way to do this?

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@Ann_K1991 

You can apply a Pivot Table like in the screenshot. If you then double-click on cell E2 a new sheet is created which shows a table of all employees in the Engineering department. This can be done correspondingly for the other departments if you double-click in cells E3, E4 and E5.

department.JPG

@OliverScheurich 

Any chance you could show a screenshot of the side of the screen with the Pivot Table Fields set up? I am having trouble making it look the same and I am wondering how you arranged it?

@Ann_K1991 

Of course. In the screenshot you can see the set up and "Anzahl" is the "Count" in english.

pivot table set up.JPG

That is amazing!! Thank you so much for the help!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@Ann_K1991 

You can apply a Pivot Table like in the screenshot. If you then double-click on cell E2 a new sheet is created which shows a table of all employees in the Engineering department. This can be done correspondingly for the other departments if you double-click in cells E3, E4 and E5.

department.JPG

View solution in original post