SOLVED

fill cells automatically

Copper Contributor

Hello!

My question is as follows:
I have an excel table that has similar data. But specifically there are two rows of cells that have the same information, but one of the two rows is incomplete and I would like to complete it with the information in the row above or below. I'll put up a screem capture so they can understand better. I was thinking that this kind of thing is achieved with a conditional formula.

Endel27_0-1583421981955.png

this process I'm doing manually, copying and pasting, but I'd like to do it automatically, because there are so many empty cells

5 Replies

Hello @Endel27,

Assuming you are referring to column G:

1. Select all data in column G of table
  2. Ctrl+F and Replace tab
  3. Find (leave blank), Replace with:
    • =OFFSET(INDIRECT("G"&ROW()),-1,)

NOTE: This method will replace all blank cells with cell one row above.

@PReaganthanks for answering me

This method can work for me, but the problem is that the cell that has the information can be on top or it can be underneath

@Endel27 

Perhaps you could share a sample of your workbook so that I may explore other options (please remove any sensitive information)

@PReagan 

As you can see, the system code appears twice for each user. I need to fill in the cells that are empty with the information that has the cells that are below or above that have the same code.

I put an example file in this message

best response confirmed by Endel27 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Endel27 

Follow the same process as previously described but change formula to:

=OFFSET(INDIRECT("G"&ROW()),IF(INDIRECT("B"&ROW())=INDIRECT("B"&ROW()+1),1,-1),)

Change "G" for each corresponding column.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Endel27 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Endel27 

Follow the same process as previously described but change formula to:

=OFFSET(INDIRECT("G"&ROW()),IF(INDIRECT("B"&ROW())=INDIRECT("B"&ROW()+1),1,-1),)

Change "G" for each corresponding column.

View solution in original post