Faster way to do this!

Copper Contributor

I have a set of reoccurring data that has the same letters through out the columns in different orders, and I need to insert names to those reoccurring sets of data. My question is, is there a faster way to put in those names instead of doing it manually.

34 Replies

This is exactly what I am looking for! but I still seem to get an error when i moved row D to Row F and when I made move it to look exactly like yours. @Saty_Rana 

have you placed $ sign correctly??
the data you have placed is wrong. you need to interchange data in row E and F
you need to clear your concept a little on vlookup, try watching a tutorial on youtube. its an easy topic and would help you alot

Oh my gosh it worked!! lol So this is just a small example of what I really do but i will apply it to my actual sheet. Anyway you can tell me what everything in that formula means? Such as  the $, the 2, and the FALSE.

Thank you! @Saty_Rana 

Indian Jugaad.... am really happy it worked :)
=VLOOKUP(B2,E$2:F$55,2,FALSE)

here dollar signs are placeed so that cell id dont change i.e. E2:F55 to B3:F56 when you drag it down and so on, like flashfill

2 here is the row number from where to pick up data

false here means exact match

see tutorial on vlookup for more info
cheears!!!!!!!!!!

@jrramz22 

It's worth to spend few minutes and check Switch between relative, absolute, and mixed references  and VLOOKUP function   

are you a bot???
its a compliment, coz you know links to everything....
No, Sergei is a real person, we've met some years ago. :)
he is really amazing person...regards

Thank you so much for you help! Ill look more into vlookup!@Saty_Rana 

(y) greetings