Extremely irritated with inability to get any support from Microsoft

Copper Contributor

I am having a BIG problem with an Excel spreadsheet.  It's a big deal to me anyway.  I just wrote the following to whoever is supposed to be in charge of this site and immediately got an "Authorization Failure" message.  Well, not all of us are great computer geeks and I at least have been quite unsuccessful in getting help.  God forbid Microsoft should provide an email address for support problems.  Sorry folks, but I am stuck, frustrated, and yes, plain angry at the moment, so if anyone can help or tell me how to get the help I need, I would greatly it.

Well, of course, the mental giants at Microsoft have erased what I took some time to write, so I am unable to share with the community the details of my problem.  Someone, please tell me how I can "share" my file with Microsoft Support.  They give you that option but fail to give you any info as to with whom you can share it.  BTW,  when I click on Excel "Help", all I get is a message that "Something went wrong" and I should check my internet connection.  I can assure everyone that my Xfinity connection is quite fine, so it must be the other idiots' end that has a problem.  I always get that message no matter when I try.  I am fed up!! 

1 Reply

@OldMariner3 

Someone, please tell me how I can "share" my file with Microsoft Support. 

If you're able to post a copy of your Excel file on GoogleDrive or OneDrive, you could then paste a link here that grants any of us in this forum access to that file. And, please, too, when you paste that link, see if you can describe what the problem is (problems are) that you're experiencing.

A word, though: those who answer questions on this forum are not Microsoft employees; nor are we in any formal sense associated with "Microsoft support"; we're just volunteers who enjoy helping folks figure out Excel. So you needn't put energy into bashing MSFT since you'd be missing the mark with us.