Extracting data using multiple criteria

Copper Contributor

Is this possible in "one go" to extract rows from a large excel data set using multiple criteria. I have a long list of companies, and each is - among other things - identified by an industry SIC code. I am looking to extract those companies that match a set of SIC codes (eg 10 codes) in one go. Of course, I can use the filters, but that would involve (too) much manual.    

4 Replies

@Clauscapitellum 

I am probably not the right one to suggest a solution in this direction. But with your permission, if I can recommend you, add a file (without sensitive data) to your project.

Explain your plans in relation to this file. So you can get a solution that is tailored to your needs much faster.

At the same time, it is much easier for someone who wants to help to understand the subject.

A win-win situation for everyone.

Please no Picture, even if it is said that a picture can say a thousand words, it is certainly not in the case of Excel, on the contrary in some cases.

* Knowing the Excel version and operating system would also be an advantage.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE Many thanks for your reply ... however, I found a solution using the XLOOKUP function which - when I inserted a "cheat column" of data in my data set that would be displayed when a value match was found (e.g. a "fake phone number" from the official example/here a "1". The "cheat dataset" is useful for subsequent sorting .. so all well :)

@Clauscapitellum 

Alternatively

=FILTER(range,COUNTIF(SICtoSelectrange,rangeSIC))

Many thanks, Sergei. Claus