SOLVED

Extra y-axis, to add to line graph (Excel, Mac v16.41)

Copper Contributor

Hello colleague or helpful person,

I have made graphs in Excel with 9 mean values + SD error bars. To these I wish to add a second y-axis to the right, which will show Coefficient of Variation. These are then 9 extra values that also will be linked with line. I am using Swedish Excel version, but that should not matter. I can only see alternatives with histogram + lines, with two y-axes.  Grateful for any help. (I can send the graph with data.) 

Kindly,

Frank Götmark

6 Replies

@Frank7879 Yes, please send the graph with the data. Tack!

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

Hi Riny, thanks for responding. I attach the Excel file, where you seem mean values (dots) connected by line, and with standard deviation.  You can also see CV values (coefficient of variation), and those are the values I would like to add to graph with a second y-axis to the right, and connected with lines to (the lines etc are easy to fix. But I could fine a graph function for line + line graph.

Kindly,

Frank

best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@Frank7879 Not sure what you tried, but Just selected both the Mean and CV data ranges. Then, inserted a line chart. Right-click on the the CV line. Format Data Series... and then select "Secondary axis".

Is that what you needed?

Screenshot 2021-07-25 at 20.34.17.png

File attached.

Hi @Frank7879 

I tried to create a dual axis line chart using your sample data.

Dual Axis Line Chart.png

Chart is created in Excel from few clicks using Data Visualization add-on.

Best Regards!

Thank you for help!

Frank
Thank you Riny, for being helpful.
Best,
Frank
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@Frank7879 Not sure what you tried, but Just selected both the Mean and CV data ranges. Then, inserted a line chart. Right-click on the the CV line. Format Data Series... and then select "Secondary axis".

Is that what you needed?

Screenshot 2021-07-25 at 20.34.17.png

File attached.

View solution in original post