Extending a growth pattern in formulas right in rows, instead of duplicating

Copper Contributor

Device and OS platform: Laptop and Windows 10

Excel product name and version number: Version 2106 (Build: 14131.20332)

Hey, I think this is a really simple request, and probably a simple fix, but I think I'm not typing the right questions on google.

I have a formula: =Michael!$C15+Matthew!$C15+Kassandra!$C15+Julien!$C15+Patrick!$C15

It is a combination of values to give a number to a sales head in my company as a weekly report. I realized that I missed a couple values after copying (not effectively) everything over from each individual's sheets, and need a few more columns of information, and I don't want to do it again. I want to autofill to the cell to the right in the row by selecting the cell with the formula and filling right, but it just copies the formula. I can do it by dragging the fill header down, which does what I need, but I need it to do it within the row, to the right.

Is there a way to fill in a growth pattern with row/column numbers to a cell on the right?

1 Reply

@nathanasimpson 

You stated:

I have a formula: =Michael!$C15+Matthew!$C15+Kassandra!$C15+Julien!$C15+Patrick!$C15

What information is in $C15 is it a number? a date? 

seems like you're adding values so i can guess its a number unless you're doing a boolean comparison (true or false)

you can simplify your questions by not using your company's internal terminologies but instead use laymen's terms i.e.

I have several sheets relating to sales people Column A is blah blah, Column B is blah blah blah, and Column C is yada yada yada

my formula is adding the yada yada yada value to get the [hint hint here] in order to get the [hint hint here] so I can get the [Total Picture Here].

What is the best approach in order to get to the [Big Picture Here] for the data set that I have.

cheers