Exporting of data

Copper Contributor
Hi, I would like to seek assistance on how am I able to export data from a stock market trading platform into excel and have the data sync with the platform in real time. Thank you!
2 Replies

@Michael1375 

You've had a lot of views (36 as I write this) and no replies. I'll take a stab, but I think you will need to give us all a bit more info on what it is you're trying to do.

I export data from Fidelity, my brokerage. More specifically, I export two different views from FIdelity's Active Trader Pro platform.. One is of my portfolio of investments; the other is of current into on stocks I don't own, but on which I hold Options positions in the portfolio. Those exported Excel files are then accessed by my own tracking spreadsheet--which mostly is for tracking the Options positions.

Anyway, the export part is easy. I'd be surprised if it's not possible with most (if not all) brokerages.

The real-time syncing is another matter. But how important is that, truly? The export takes but seconds to complete and is immediately accessible. If you're expecting to monitor things and do buying and selling on a real-time basis, then you would be better served by doing that on the brokerage platform itself.

Anyway, if you want more you should tell us more....there may be others here who use a different brokerage and have done all that you're seeking.

Hi, thank you for your reply and your response is well taken.