EXPERT HELP OR ADVICE NEEDED FOR EXCEL WORKSHEET

Copper Contributor

I made a worksheet in Ms. Excel that my Employees use to checkout their cash drawer & balance their numbers at the end of a shift. I have been using printed paper copies but because some employees can not add numbers very well, I am installing the worksheet on another computer for them to enter the data that will add for them. I am trying to figure out how to do a couple of things.

1. After they submit, emailed or print the worksheet, is it possible to get the worksheet to refresh, clear the numbers (data) they entered back to a (zero) amount, so the next shift starts with a fresh spreadsheet? 

2. Suggestion on the best process for each shift in sending or me retrieving the worksheet on my home office computer. I watch a video on how to make a submit button. I tried it a couple of times, it all looks good but it never reaches my email. I double checked to make sure the email address was entered correctly and also tried a different email. I had micros enabled.

3.Not as important now, but would also like to learn how to get the worksheet to automatically enter the day & date or for the sheet not to send if certain areas are not filled in.

I have searched things and watch videos but I am not really sure what I am looking for. Most forms are blank and meant to send out to 100's of people to fill out and send back. Unless I could auto send a form everyday. 

A PDF might be another way to do what I want to do, if I understood some videos, but it would need to do calculations. 

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am willing to pay for someone to help create the right form, if that is an option. 

I only know the basic's of creating a worksheet, not the technical process at all. But learning new stuff all the time. 

Thanks, Patricia B 

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
OS build 19042.928
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

POS check out report pic.jpg

1 Reply

Hi @msbock 

1. After they submit, emailed or print the worksheet, is it possible to get the worksheet to refresh, clear the numbers (data) they entered back to a (zero) amount, so the next shift starts with a fresh spreadsheet? 

Answer: Save the workbook as a template (workbookname.xltx)

2. Suggestion on the best process for each shift in sending or me retrieving the worksheet on my home office computer. I watch a video on how to make a submit button. I tried it a couple of times, it all looks good but it never reaches my email. I double checked to make sure the email address was entered correctly and also tried a different email. I had micros enabled.

Answer: I tested this on my outlook client using an outlook.com account and it worked just fine.

3.Not as important now, but would also like to learn how to get the worksheet to automatically enter the day & date or for the sheet not to send if certain areas are not filled in.

Answer: In the cell put: =TEXT(NOW(),"dddd")&" "&TEXT(TODAY(),"mm/dd/yyy")

It should display: 

Yea_So_0-1621065393093.png

Your form looks just fine.

Cheers