Expand dynamic table on Mac (!)

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone, I'm new here and was hoping someone would be able to help me. I am working on my MacBook in Excel. I have a dynamic table that a colleague created with a certain color scheme that I would like to expand by adding new data below; as there is a big amount of data I pasted from another document, the table does not expand automatically where I pasted entire columns.

Does anyone know a way how I can manually expand the same table on my Mac version 16.34 of excel?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to reply.

2 Replies

Hi @Kris77 

I am not if this works the same way in Mac with Windows, but it worths checking out.

There is usually a small mark/edge on the cell where the table ends [see the highlighted section in the image]. You can actually drag this mark to cover all the new data.

wumolad_0-1597280604749.png

Do let me know if this is what you are referring to or if further clarification is required.

Cheers

Hi @wumolad , thanks for your reply!

That is the answer that I found everywhere I looked. Although it did include the new data in the table, the formating of the original table was not continued. What eventually worked was creating a new table template with the exact same format as the original table, in addition to doing what you suggested. Even then a few things had to be adjusted manually. I wonder if there is an easier way to do this, where the original format is automatically continued when dragging down that small mark - but at least I got there eventually. 

thanks again and best wishes