SOLVED

exel

Copper Contributor

i would like the formulas to be able to do the following please, IF cell A1 had P004 input then cell B1 would automatically have Wacker plate applied and cell C1 would have 001267 applied 

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Tony55 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
In B1: =IF(A1="P004","Wacker plate","") In C1: =IF(A1="P004","001267","") That is, if I've understood correctly what you're asking...
Many thanks that is very helpful, is there a formula to link to a cell rather than a word as follows, =IF(A1="P004","Wacker plate","") instead of saying “wacker plate” could it be linked to what it says in another cell like F1 has the wacker plate in it, so the formula goes to that cell
Absolutely - just replace the: "P004"
with: F1
(or any other cell reference you'd need).

@Austris Bahanovskis 

Many thanks that is very helpful, is there a formula to link to a cell rather than a word as follows, =IF(A1="P004","Wacker plate","") instead of saying “wacker plate” could it be linked to what it says in another cell like F1 has the wacker plate in it, so the formula goes to that cell

@Austris Bahanovskis 

And obviously (me bad!) when I said "P004" I meant "Wacker plate"

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Tony55 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
In B1: =IF(A1="P004","Wacker plate","") In C1: =IF(A1="P004","001267","") That is, if I've understood correctly what you're asking...

View solution in original post