SOLVED

Excell

Copper Contributor

I made a form button but cant close design mode to use button

4 Replies

@Grant444 

If you mean a Button (Form Control) as in the screenshot below, you only have to click on the sheet outside the button to deselect it. After that, you should be able to use it.

S1091.png

Yes i did that its almost like a security setting is stopping it from working. i never see the icon in color.
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Grant444 

The Design Mode button will only be enabled if your workbook contains ActiveX controls and/or VBA code. If it contains neither, the Design Mode button will be grayed out. But that should not affect your ability to use the form controls button.

Also, if you turn on Find & Select > Select Objects on the Home tab of the ribbon, you won't be able to use the command button.

Thank you sir
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Grant444 

The Design Mode button will only be enabled if your workbook contains ActiveX controls and/or VBA code. If it contains neither, the Design Mode button will be grayed out. But that should not affect your ability to use the form controls button.

Also, if you turn on Find & Select > Select Objects on the Home tab of the ribbon, you won't be able to use the command button.

View solution in original post