Excell Quick Question Function Large Exponents Precise Numbers ' Function Error?

Copper Contributor

Hi so I have become very bored and started to calculate number formats using Standard Nano Time and ran into small problems while attempting to convert precise numbers down to exact decimal forums based upon an Excell Missconfiguration and am unsure as to how to fix it correctly.

https://www.techonthenet.com/unicode/chart.php

^^Here^^ is my source I had used to look up the apostrophe and what it is used for as I do recall being taught to use ' (or apos) for numbers that would round while in college to complete functions but am unable to receive a correct function return using the ' with any function? I have reinstalled and checked Options for possible solutions and am unsure if I am overlooking the solution or what I should utilize to allow Excell to function using the ' Unicode character. I do appreciate any responses as I have lots of criteria I do have to double check since I had noticed since working with complex conversion spectrums from double negative intigers in form of "bi-monomial" forum and converting between Positive and Negative Exponents representing binary forum to complete time scales and conversions between offsets of decimal places that are recalculated back to standard offsets from + and - Exponents for a variable rate or missing variable to utilze spectrum reverse implantation methods of finding more missing variable rates to complete offset conversions  at a double negative rate that may be positive or negative;as I have been working with quantum and infinite numbers to recalculate missing timescales between 2 64ths from standard Nano set time scales and a full 100 time scale fixed variable rate with a timescale = and congruent as well as true between both as well as the missing amount of time from Standard set Nano to a newly introduced "theory" I am attempting to conclude as factual information to change standard Nano seconds time intervals on the planet. 

What can I change to Allow the ' to Function with Excell Functions?

U+0027'3927047'\u002727Apostrophe/Single quote

6 Replies

@XxEarthManxX 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Excel space - please post Excel questions here in the future. 

@Eric StarkerThanks as I was having issues looking for threads as a newbie to the community after setting my profile up. I thought that I had the right one as before I checked threads for similar posts that may have had my answer It had mentioned Microsoft Excell. I do apologize and thanks for redirecting/reposting!

Excell-Option-Found.PNG

I did manage to correct my Issue as I did overlook the option in formulas; Thanks however in reguards to my topic redirecting my issue as it was a simple one! im sure I will have more questions in the furture.

It Looks as if my error has occurred again as I was able to use functions with an ' but am unable to again. I am puzzled as to why it had corrected itself then went back to the same error from the simple settings checkbox. I am unsure to as if it has to deal with java and using text forum of large number targets targeting command java function strings for quick indexing as I do run a different java as a system variable to execute and run different "modified java functions" under an applet I that allows unknown source for calculations and source development of toolchains and array editors that will eventually be broken away from java source ect. I run it under an applet to ensure I do not break policy as I also recieve an error for compiling by keeping modified source as system variable to prevent server errors from origin untouched java. As I do have a text file I will upload explain my Pc and slight modifications using java source for new development of a PC once calculating my numbers for an advanced PC using an alogithium condensing large scale numbers on a repeating binary system to emmulate a memory file for compression of large files or System as Subsystem for main cached system invokes.  

CachedMemory.PNGEmmulated Mem Out of Mem Current System Running.PNGMirosoftQuestion.PNG

In some cases, you may be able to prevent rounding errors from affecting your work by using the **Precision as displayed **option. This option forces the value of each number in the worksheet to be the displayed value. To turn on this option, follow these steps.

On the File menu, click Options, and then click the Advanced category.

In the When calculating this workbook section, select the workbook that you want, and then select the Set precision as displayed check box.

For example, if you choose a number format that shows two decimal places, and then you turn on the Precision as displayed option, all accuracy beyond two decimal places is lost when you save your workbook. This option affects the active workbook including all worksheets. You cannot undo this

option and recover the lost data. We recommend that you save your workbook before you enable this option.

Repeating binary numbers and calculations that have near-zero results

Another confusing problem that affects the storage of floating point numbers in binary format is that some numbers that are finite, non-repeating numbers in decimal base 10, are infinite, repeating numbers in binary. The most common example of this is the value 0.1 and its variations. Although these numbers can be represented perfectly in base 10, the same number in binary format becomes the following repeating binary number when it is stored in the mantissa:

000110011001100110011 (and so on)

The IEEE 754 specification makes no special allowance for any number. It stores what it can in the mantissa and truncates the rest. This results in an error of about -2.8E-17, or 0.000000000000000028 when it is stored.

Even common decimal fractions, such as decimal 0.0001, cannot be represented exactly in binary. (0.0001 is a repeating binary fraction that has a period of 104 bits). This is similar to why the fraction 1/3 cannot be exactly represented in decimal (a repeating 0.33333333333333333333).