SOLVED

Excell has shrunk!

Copper Contributor

New, bumbling, user was trying to create a new spreadsheet, when for no apparent reason, my whole spreadsheet shrunk.  How do I get it back to the original size?  Laptop, Windows 7, Office 2007.

11 Replies
best response confirmed by Scottisimo (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Scottisimo 

How to enlarge or reduce the view of an Excel table?

a) Find the slider in the lower right corner of the Excel window.

b) Drag the slider to the right to enlarge the table display.

c) Conversely, you can also reduce the size of the display in order to display a larger data area. In that case, simply drag the slider to the left.

d) Step by step by 10% up or down it goes with the plus symbol and the minus symbol next to the slider.

Please note that the zoom factor only changes the view on the screen, but not the output on a printer. You can find an additional zoom option for the printout in the printer settings under Windows settings.

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE 

Nikolino,

With all due respect to Socrates, you seem to know a lot!  Thank you!

@NikolinoDE  

May I ask one more question?  How do you delete an entire workbook (not a worksheet) in Excel 2007?

Thank you!

Bumbling Newbie

How do you delete an entire workbook (not a worksheet) in Excel 2007?

Thank you!

Bumbling Newbie

@Scottisimo 

To delete an entire workbook, close it in Excel, then delete the workbook file in File Explorer (if you're on Windows) or Finder (if you're on Mac).

Thanks, Hans!

Thanks, Hans,  one more question:

Once you delete the workbook in Windows Explorer, is there a way to delete it from the list of recent workbooks you've viewed?

Thanks,

Scott

@Scottisimo 

Right-click the workbook in the list of documents, and select 'Remove from list' from the context menu.

Thank you, but that doesn't work in Excel 2007. 

I'm trying to sort my spreadsheet by multiple columns.  How do I indicate to Excel that if a row has an "x" in the "A" column, then that row gets sorted to the bottom of the document?  I want to be able to put an "x" in any rows that I've dealt with, and have them go to the bottom of the document.  This way I can save them, but they won't be distracting me when I review the rest of the document.

Thank you!

Scott

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Scottisimo (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Scottisimo 

How to enlarge or reduce the view of an Excel table?

a) Find the slider in the lower right corner of the Excel window.

b) Drag the slider to the right to enlarge the table display.

c) Conversely, you can also reduce the size of the display in order to display a larger data area. In that case, simply drag the slider to the left.

d) Step by step by 10% up or down it goes with the plus symbol and the minus symbol next to the slider.

Please note that the zoom factor only changes the view on the screen, but not the output on a printer. You can find an additional zoom option for the printout in the printer settings under Windows settings.

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

View solution in original post