SOLVED

Excel

Copper Contributor

Screenshot (2).pngGood morning everyone. Absolutely new here, and a little frustrated. I've been using an iPad to do this basic task, but somehow, Excel cant seem to hack it. Not in any immediately sensible sense. 

My issue is the rows doesn't drag in any meaningful manner, the numbers that come up are wrong, and inaccurate. You can see the formula, =sum(a2)+e2 there, and the idea, is, =sum(a2)+(previous column) in ascending order. A simple drag complete, the sequence on numbers, and google sheets, and and other spreadsheet. So what in this instance am I doing wrong? If i drag down the column, it works, it understands the basics, why not across? Any help would be wicked, before i send this whole thing back for a refund if it cant intuitively do basic stuff like this. I know im missing something, but the support is, well, im here. Hopefully you guys have the ticket. Look forward to learning something today! Thanks

2 Replies
best response confirmed by microsoftsuxit (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@microsoftsuxit 

In B2:

=$A2

In C2:

=$A2+B2

Fill to the right from C2.

@Hans Vogelaar 

Fantastic! I did it all manually, and now i get to go back and redo everything, but that will be a lesson I will not forgot from now on, thank you very much!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by microsoftsuxit (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@microsoftsuxit 

In B2:

=$A2

In C2:

=$A2+B2

Fill to the right from C2.

View solution in original post