Excel

Copper Contributor

Hi, I'm using excel as part of my office 365 membership so its the latest version.

Is there a way the Theme colors box can 'hang out' (i think that is the term!!) so it is always available on top of the page ?

In an earlier version of excel it did do this by selecting the theme colour icon, hovering over the title bar and then this would change colour from grey to blue and you could then drag it out and it would 'hangout ' until deleted.

This would save me lots of time when colour co-coordinating all the spreadsheet i make.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

GDC

1 Reply

@gdc1966 

Maybe it could have been set to a "high contrast" in the input help?

Please take a look in advance:

Please click on Start -> Control Panel -> Input Help and here switch to the Display tab.

Deactivate the "Enable contrast" option for High contrast.

Confirm this change with "Apply" and then click OK.

If this did not help, please inform us which version of Excel you have exactly.

Quick guide to discover the Excel version.

1. Open any MS Office application. In your case, you can choose Excel as the application.
  2. Go to "File" in the top left and select "Account" in the left column. The product information for your office is now displayed on the right-hand side.
  3. If you click on the button with the question mark - "Info on Excel" - you will be shown further information about your program version.

At the top of the new window, the Excel version is displayed and the product ID below it.

Hope I was able to help you with this info.

Thank you for your time and patience

Furthermore, I wish you much success with Excel.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)