Excel will not scroll vertically if sheet has ever had frozen panes

Copper Contributor

Please read entire post before making suggestions. Thank you.

I'm unable to scroll vertically on any worksheet that has or has had frozen panes.

If a spreadsheet has never had a frozen pane, it scrolls like normal.

This happened to me a few months back, and the only fix was to uninstall Office 365 and reinstall.

• I thought it could be the mouse, but I've tried multiple and none of them will work.
  • I thought it could be the workbook, but it's happening in ALL workbooks that have frozen panes.
    • Additionally, one of the files is on a shared drive in my office. When this originally happened a few months back, the shared file was working fine and scrolling fine for everyone except for me.
    • A few weeks back, one of my staff was complaining that our shared file would not scroll for her. But when she would go to a sheet within that workbook that never had frozen panes, it would scroll just fine. At that point, she was only one having the problem.
  • Now the problem is back for me. I'm unable to scroll on any worksheet that has or has had a frozen pane. I can scroll fine on worksheets that have never had one. This is every workbook on every sheet that has ever had a frozen pane.

I'd also like to note that my horizontal scroll wheel on my MX Master 3 is working on all sheets. It's only the vertical scroll that isn't working, and it's that way for any mouse I try using.

Lastly, I'd like to note that the sheets will vertically scroll on Excel online.

1 Reply

@AaronMinchew I am having the same issue too. following to see if you get a solution.