Excel will not pull picture

Copper Contributor

So I am trying to reference a cell with a picture in it that way it pull the picture into another cell. 

I have watched about 6 videos on how to name the cell, then place the picture in the cell with the name. The picture is not outside the cell, the picture is in there. So when I type in 

=cellwithpicture

I get 0. It is not pulling the picture from the cell. 

I have the capabilities of building the drop down menu and making my photos dynamic, BUT I CAN NOT GET EXCEL TO PULL THE PICTURE and I am getting very upset. 

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated. 

5 Replies

@Dtripple40 

This is actually a good trick using the feature called camera. (Copy as Picture)

Well, there is no way to put an image inside a cell. Usually what you do is put inside some frame.

Find attached a gif where I show how you can replicate it and the excel file as well.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

So I want to be able to have a drop down menu. so then the picture will pull off the list. But it just equals zero. @Juliano-Petrukio 

@Dtripple40 

I just added a Named Range called SelectedPicture using the formula

=INDIRECT(Sheet2!$G$2)

Find attached.

Thank you!!

Im running into having to try and pull a picture with a name that needs a space and you can not have names with spaces for cells. So I need to figure out how to delete spaces automatically to pull pictures.
Thank You for your help.

What about you eplace the spaces by some character such Underscore ( _ ) or dash (-) ?
By the way, if my proposal worked fine, hit the like button and flag it as solved.