Excel was running very slow

Copper Contributor

I am using Microsoft Excel for Mac Version 16.26 as part of office 365 subscription.

I maintain invoices of my business into one spreadsheet with many different sheets as they reflect vendors. I do calculations on each item about my expenses and selling price.  Each sheet has many invoices and corresponding calculations.

Lately I am seeing whenever I add a row or touch a cell or scrolling the sheet it is taking lot of time and showing as "Application not responding" Especially some of the sheets even slower. I did my research and I couldn't find any solution to resolve this. Can anyone from the community help me out how to fix this issue ? Appreciate help on this.

2 Replies

@Srini Sanagapalli 

If you are using any of the volatile functions like INDIRECT() or OFFSET() and have lots of these in your formulae, that could be the cause of the slowing down.

Do you need to have separate sheets for each vendor?

Could you not just have all the data in your one sheet, and just Filter for any particular vendor? That would get rid of the need for lots of your formulae.

@Roger Govier I don't have functions like INDIRECT() or OFFSET(). Mostly  are something like these F36+(F36*$R$41), RIGHT(D397, 2) like these simple functions.

Also having different sheets for each vendor I can manage data differently for each particular vendor. 

My problem still exist.