SOLVED

Excel very slow and freezing during work

Copper Contributor

I am experience a very slow performance on excel. It freezes all the time.

Since im using a Mac, i wonder if i would normally have compatibility problems. I read on forums over the internet people experiencing the same situation because microsoft office messes up MAC fonts,

some people deleted font folder and all. Do you think it might happen?

8 Replies

@mattosflavian What kind of Mac are you on? OS, Excel version?

On a MBP and MB Air myself. Nothing out of the ordinary, running Catalina 10.15.7. and Excel for Mac via an MS365 subscription. No issues on my end.

@Riny_van_Eekelen I have a IMac running Mojave version 10.14.6 and my Excel is also a MS365 subscription. 

@mattosflavian Had one like that. Slow. No longer using it.

@Riny_van_Eekelen  So what do you suggest: Updating to Catalina? Because my configuration is good : I7 4.0GHZ 32GB. Or switching platforms from Imac to a Macbook for example?

best response confirmed by mattosflavian (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@mattosflavian My iMac was from 2009 and didn't live up to your standards. Just wonder why you are still on Mojave. I just kept upgrading until it wouldn't let me. Then it got too slow. As said, no problems on a 2012 MBP and a 2016 MB Air. Latest updates on everything. No guarantees though.

@Riny_van_Eekelen  Thank you for your responses. I will try to update it today and i will post my result. Thank you

Apparently it worked. I updated my OS to Catalina latest version. Everything is fine now. Thanks

for the last several months, Excel intermittently becomes completely non-responsive. It opens fine, any file opens fine, then *any keystroke or mouseclick* causes it to freeze completely. Excel is up to date, Big Sur is up to date, I have tried de-installing & re-installing ... nothing works, and it's especially bad b/c the problem comes and goes. It will be useless for 2 days, then fine for 2 weeks. And this is a uniquely bad day for it to happen....
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by mattosflavian (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@mattosflavian My iMac was from 2009 and didn't live up to your standards. Just wonder why you are still on Mojave. I just kept upgrading until it wouldn't let me. Then it got too slow. As said, no problems on a 2012 MBP and a 2016 MB Air. Latest updates on everything. No guarantees though.

View solution in original post