Excel thing that annoys me

Copper Contributor

OK probably easy solved, but.

When I press enter the whole page moves not just the active cell location, and it annoys me.  

eg. so I am working on my spreadsheet and this is my current screen 

My screen shows columns A- R, rows 165 -198; So top left cell is A 165.

Now I have a simple sum formula, I want to place in cell  Q189.  Pretty simple, so I press enter and the page adjusts so that my top left cell is now H 172.

Does this have to happen.  Because every time I place a sum formula or sometimes a simple copy paste command the page adjusts it location.

I just want it to stay put at top left cell A 165.

Help please

3 Replies

@JohnH120163 

With your permission, please add a file (without sensitive data) and explain your subject on the basis of this file.
Why does the helper have to create a file for you?

At the same time, knowing the Excel version (365?, Home, web,Pro?, etc.) and the operating system is always an advantage.

Please read the information on this link, you will help yourself and all of us here in the forum.

Willkommen in Ihrem Excel-Diskussionsraum!

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

OK,

So new Laptop, running windows Pro 10, and office 365.

the thing is I often use excel as a worksheet to import reports and manipulate them. The report has a format, like reports do. But if every time I press a sum command or a copy/paste command the page adjusts, I then have to reset the page so that the data I'm reviewing is in front of me, not out of screen or slightly off screen.