SOLVED

Excel stock quotes defaulting to US stocks for UK codes

Copper Contributor

Any way to force the stock data converter to treat my codes as UK? For example I have ATR which as ATR.L is Shroder Asian Total Return. However it has come up with Aptar Group which is the NYSE ATR code.

Makes it completely useless.  Also several of my codes have not found results despite me looking them up on Bing and Morning Star as correct codes e.g ABAA.L is Aberdeen Japan Investment Trust.  Basically of 45 UK stocks, 2 not found and 6 using US stock instead. 

Also anywhere to make a suggestion to include bid and offer as last price is not necessarily useful

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Mike Asplin (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Mike

You may add the country for better recognition like

image.png

Is there any way to request tickers that are not recognised to be added?  They are all conventional UK main market stocks so bit surprised they aren't coming up.

Thnaks

Mike

Mike, I don't think so.

Are you sure stocks were not found are trading right now? Back to your example, Morningstar shows nothing for ABAA

image.png

Compare to ATR:

image.png

Excel takes data from Morningstar.

Sergey, is there any way to track ETFs and government bonds by ISIN (I believe it is unique global ID), e.g. ISIN DE0001135408 - german government bonds traded on TRAX?@Sergei Baklan 

@A_Kashubsky 

I never heard what Microsoft support ISIN

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mike Asplin (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Mike

You may add the country for better recognition like

image.png

View solution in original post