Excel Stock Data not Updating Prices

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have been referring to a model for quite some time now that pulls the price of stocks for data analysis. Starting around a week ago, the prices have not been updating with the stock and I can't try the issue. I tried restarting and updating Excel and contacted Microsoft support. I also uploaded the workbook online and tried to re-download it None of this has worked. Microsoft support recommended that I come to this discussion page. What could the problem be?

Thanks.

2 Replies

@elirethy 

It's hard to say. I have a spreadsheet into which I bring Stock and Options data I've downloaded from my broker (Fidelity, if it matters). I've been comparing what the Microsoft Excel-based service provides--which unfortunately doesn't include some useful pieces of info. It is still working (checked a few minutes ago). So it's not the service itself, or seems unlikely.

Can you post a copy of your spreadsheet itself....take out any personal or private info.

I have been using Excel stock data, maybe I should try to download it from my broker. Sorry, most of the information on the worksheet is private (it’s very condensed).