Excel starts realy slow, works slow, HELP

Copper Contributor

Hi, can anybody help me!!!!!

I've build a new pc with a ryzen 9 3900x, 2x rx 580 8gb and the system is super fast...... BUT..... I installed office 2019 and everything looks fine untill i opened EXCEL. It starts slow, it works slow and i think there is something wrong. :( . I looked for a sollution but can't find anything on the web, did try all the things that are on the web but no result. Can anyone help me.... ThanX

One more thing, when I click on Excel it going to open but next to the mouse on the screen starts a circle turning.... and its going on and off very fast.... maybe it helps....

11 Replies
Is it also slow when you start Excel in safe mode (hold down the control key, then launch Excel)?
Perhaps you need to reinstall office?
Thanks for the reply, did that and reinstalled office, stays the same.
What is your setting for graphics hardware acceleration in Excel? (Options, Advanced tab, Display category). Any problems listed if you click File, Account?
turned it off, still no luck
I've only experienced something like this on a virtual computer running Windows 10. It appeared the Virtual machine had insufficient memory allocated and was set to only use one processor core. But that does not apply to your situation I expect.

I would suggest to do an on-line repair of your Office (start Office setup from control panel and choose the appropriate action).
How did you solve that problem? Sounds like something i have.
It is only similar to what I described if you are running virtualization software (like VMWare for example) on your system which in turn runs a virtual computer. It is the virtual computer's settings in VMWare that I was referring to. If you have installed Office directly on your machine, this is not relevant and I advise to just do an on-line repair of Office as described in my previous post.

Oke, thanks anyway@Jan Karel Pieterse 

@BasHome 

hi

What you could do is,

1. open any excel file,

2. right click on task bar, and open "Task Managar"

3. Right click on the excel file in task manager, and from list select "Go to Process"

SupreethGuptha_0-1593183600085.png

Select set priority to "High"

5. Close , and reload to try if this works faster.

Hope this helps

Thanks for all the help I got, i found out what the problem was. I build a new system and re-installed the software. The problem was that the old drives with all the files have a account that was no longer in use. So too all who don't want to have the same problem follow these steps.

1 install windows on a one drive system, clean install no old files.

2 install office but don't open it with old files

3 install your old harddrive with the old files

4 make sure you install you're owner rights 

5 right click on the harddrive - go to tap security - go to ownership - change to new owner of the system (you)

6 if this is too short please refer to google about ownership of files, folders and drives.

Best regards, Bas

Glad you were able to solve your issue!