Excel spreadsheets published online no longer allow copy/paste more than one cell

Copper Contributor
I use Excel spreadsheets published and shared on personal Websites (with permissions to use formulas without saving data). This allows me to share formulas without modifying the spreadsheet.  Until 2 month ago, it was possible to save several rows and columns (in local excel or other spreadsheets) and paste them back into a published online excel to continue the work. Thus it was possible to paste data from different rows and columns. Now it is only possible to do this in the user's online environment. In the published ones, it is only possible to copy and paste in a cell, requiring in addition click on it (before only control+V is needed).

The sheet is embedded with Interaction permissions for:

•  Allow users to sort and filter data
  • Allow users to write to cells (their changes will not be saved)

I add a gif animation with a real example I just created to reproduce the error. To the left embedded in a personal web and to the right in online editing mode in onedrive. The behavior of the online spreadsheet was similar for both environments (online vs embed) until two months ago. 

Now, in the case of the left (embedded) it is not possible to paste the copied table as it was before and if it is still possible in the online environment.

Has this problem been detected? Is there a planned solution?

Thanks!

0 Replies