Excel spreadsheet won’t print on legal size paper

Copper Contributor
My spreadsheet will not print on legal size sheet, even though is set on all the settings including the printer. I will only print on letter size and it misses the last columns. I tried the width to 1 page, the printer shrink to fit all on one sheet. Nothing. Please any suggestions will be appreciated. PS these are rent sheet, the rest of the work which are identical will print on legal size!!
13 Replies

Hi @Randa3 

From the Page Layout  --> page setup group -- >Try to clear print area,

or set print area 

@Randa3 

Please try with this setting

image.png

Hi @Randa3 

Common problem would be the scale, try these steps:
Click the Page Layout tab on the ribbon.
In the Scale to Fit group, in the Width box, select 1 page, and in the Height box, select Automatic. Columns will now appear on one page, but the rows may extend to more than one page.

To print your worksheet on a single page, choose 1 page in the Height box.
I did try this, but still won’t print on legal size. Thanks though. Any other suggestions?
I did try this as well, but still print on letter size. In print preview it shows that it will print everything on one sheet in legal size. It’s driving me crazy!
I will try this one, haven’t try this one yet. Thanks
Hi, I just got to the office. It was set to the legal size! :( what else ? Any suggestions please?

@Randa3 

Sorry, I didn't catch. "Scale content" setting is ON or OFF ?

The scale content was on ( legal size) as you suggested. In the print preview it showed that it will print on legal size, but still printed on letter size. Please note I also printed about 8 other sheets exactly as the mentioned one, they all printed in legal except this sheet with the problem. They are rent sheets. So all the previous one were ok, but not this one, although it is identical. Any suggestions? Thanks for your reply
What kind of printer is it?
Are the latest drivers installed for the printer?
When was an update carried out on the PC?
Which operating system do you have?
Are you connected to a network or is the printer?

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)
Hi Randa,

Would it possible to upload the workbook, so we can take a deep look.

@Randa3 

If that's for only one very sheet it's hard to say something concrete without seen the sheet.

Hello, I'm tired to try any method how to fix my same problem as you. Now i already fixed mine.. if your Legal print size option still deosn't ahow up try this method that worked on me. Go to your computer settings, "Bluetooth & devices", "Printers & scanners", click the name of your printer after clicking. Presa "Remove" after removing back to "Printers & Scanners" press "Add device" if your printer show-up again its Good then select to add again "refresh" your computer and open your office excel etc. to check the problem if still there.
■BUT TAKE NOTE: make sure your printer is Power on and connected to the wifi to be able your printer show-up on computer while searching a device.