Excel - specified user should be able to adjust specific column

Copper Contributor

Hi there, 

We are using Microsoft 365, so we are logged in with that account when working in the document. Is there a way to give someone access (by using her/his microsoft 365-account) to change a specific cell or column?

I've a spreadsheet used to order stuff for each car. First column is the item, the next columns are each time the number of each car. 

Since we're spread all over the country, I'll share this file with my collegues. But, I don't want anyone but me to make an order for "my" ambulance, but on the otherhand I don't want coworker X do an order for coworker Y. So I'll need to give changing-access for each column to 2 specific persons. But I don't know how. 

Thanks if you can help me out!

4 Replies

@Sergei Baklan 

thanks for the interesting url! It has put me on the way, but I still get stuck with the permissions. 

It talks about domainnames, objecttypes etc. But I can't find where to insert emailadresses / accountnames of those who may edit.

I'm sorry, I know some basics in Excel, but I think I'm overstepping borders at this moment :)

@BartN1984 

I guess you try to do that on local machine

image.png

and you may select here only people / groups which have accounts on your local PC.

This functionality is more for the domain users, in this case you may select people who has accounts in your network Active Directory.  If to simplify, for corporate users who are in the same corporate network runs under Active Directory.

If that's not your case I don't know how to solve the task, sorry. 

Thank you for trying!
Yep, it's sort of local machine I guess.

But your assistance (getting me on the way) is greatly appreciated!