Excel solver

Copper Contributor

I need to use solver (or something similar) to calculate a certain value. However my dataset contains over 90 000 entries and using solver will take too long. Is there perhaps an alternative I can use?

1 Reply

@Janaleroux 

Define and solve a problem by using Solver

Excel for Microsoft 365 Excel for Microsoft 365 for Mac Excel for the web Excel 2019 Excel 2016 Excel 2019 for Mac Excel 2013 Excel 2010 Excel 2007 Excel 2016 for Mac Excel for Mac 2011.

Solver is a Microsoft Excel add-in program you can use for what-if analysis. Use Solver to find an optimal (maximum or minimum) value for a formula in one cell — called the objective cell — subject to constraints, or limits, on the values of other formula cells on a worksheet. Solver works with a group of cells, called decision variables or simply variable cells that are used in computing the formulas in the objective and constraint cells. Solver adjusts the values in the decision variable cells to satisfy the limits on constraint cells and produce the result you want for the objective cell.

Put simply, you can use Solver to determine the maximum or minimum value of one cell by changing other cells. For example, you can change the amount of your projected advertising budget and see the effect on your projected profit amount.

...You can find more information by clicking on the heading.... or here :)

If this information helped you, please mark this post as "Correct answer" and click on like (hand with thumbs up), so that other members can benefit from this information later.

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)