Excel Sheet is Showing the formula and not the results for Xlookup

Copper Contributor

I have been having trouble recently getting Xlookup to work.  

I put in the cell this formula:

=XLOOKUP(C2,[catalog.xlsx]Items!$F:$F,[catalog.xlsx]Items!$C:$C)

C2= is an SKU (text data) I want to match from a different sheet in the same workbook

[catalog.xlsx]Items!$F:$F = this is the column on the Spreadsheet Items that has the SKU (Text Data)

[catalog.xlsx]Items!$C:$C = this is the column from which the cell is that I need the data returned

I believe I have everything correct because the Helper Formula box gives the correct result, but when I hit enter, my cursor goes to the cell below it and the formula stays and the result does not get populated.  See pictures below:

After hitting <Enter> my cursor is at the Green box with Formula still in the cellAfter hitting <Enter> my cursor is at the Green box with Formula still in the cellRed Circles show the Result that should be where the formula isRed Circles show the Result that should be where the formula is

Any help would be appreciated, I am using a subscription based Office 365 Family account if that matters.

2 Replies

@CandleStore  please check if 'Show Formulas' is turned on (as illustrated here:

mtarler_0-1651543445802.png

If so, turn that off.

Thank you for your information, I opened a new workbook and then got it to work. I am not sure if that was the problem as I deleted the old workbook that was giving me the problem when I got the new one to work. Thank you again.