Excel sequential date per sheet

Copper Contributor

Hello, I am sure this has already been answered but I can't seems to understand what I am reading on some of the answer I found. I am using Excel 2016 and I need to make a sheet for 31 days of the month. I can not seem to get it right. I have to manually change each date per sheet. Instead i just want to change the date of the first sheet to the 1st of the new month and the rest of the sheet follow suit. Will someone walk me step by step lol. Thank you in advance!

2 Replies

@agr2788 

Your situation is not entirely clear, which is probably why you've gotten no replies after 30+ views.

IF what you're looking for is a way to have cell A2 (or whatever cell of your own choosing) in each of 31 sheets be December 1, 2022 in the first, December 2 2022 in the second, December 3, 2022 in the third and so on, then you will need to set up each formula a first time, in each of the sheets, and from then on it can be maintained by just changing the first.

However, before you possibly waste all the time doing that, it might be a mistake in the first place. WHY are you creating 31 sheets, one for each day, in the first place? I ask not to be rude, but because it's a common mistake for new users of Excel to think--perhaps because this is the way you tracked things on ledger paper--that it's necessary to have separate sheets for each day in Excel. It's a common mistake, because it fails to take advantage of Excel's abilities to track different days on a single sheet, in a single database or table, and easily to produce summary reports for the month from that single sheet, single database or table.

So could we spend a little background time here before creating a solution that may not be the best way to proceed in the first place? Tell us what the big picture is here. What are you going to be tracking on a daily basis? What's the data being collected (the input) and what kinds of outputs are you wanting to create?

the rest of the sheet follow suit. ?

can you share some background or reason?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/creating-an-automated-work-calendar-with-upda...

create a calendar automatically?