Excel Scatter Plot

Copper Contributor

I have a spreadsheet with data for new home residential project each project has three to four plans. I have graphed the projects with the x-axis labelled square feet and the y-axis labelled price. Each point on the graph represent a plan at a certain square footage and at a certain price (example Plan 1 is 2,300 sf at a price of $230,000). Plans 1-4 of a project are represented by one line with four data points. My problem is that I also want to plot on the same graph a scatter plot of resale homes with a trendline. I want to show a data point for each single resale home. I do not want to the resale data points to be connected by a line. In the end I am looking to get a resale scatter plot with a trendline overlaying the new home graph with the project line. I have the new home graph complete but every time I attempt the resale scatter plot I get the data points all attached with a line. I have searched but cant find an example of how to do this. Can someone please help?

Thank you,

Chris

1 Reply

@chawke 

Like in the attached? I just added the "Resales" data to the chart. Changed only its Chart type to "Scatter". Formatted the marker to be a slightly larger and coloured it black and added a trend line.