excel recovery files

Brass Contributor

hello 

i have a user that was working on a excel file 

he didn't save but the auto save is set to 3 minutes the pc freeze and after a while he decide to force the shutdown and restart the pc when i go in the file recover unsaved file the folder is empty 

what are my other options ?

Thanks 

1 Reply

I'm sorry to hear that your user encountered an issue with their Excel file. Based on the information you provided, it seems that the auto-save feature was enabled, but unfortunately, when attempting to recover unsaved files, the folder was empty. While this is a frustrating situation, there are a few other options you can try.

Firstly, you can check the temporary files folder on the user's computer. Sometimes, Excel saves temporary files as backups in case of a crash. You can navigate to the folder location by opening File Explorer, typing "%temp%" in the address bar, and searching for a file with an .xlsx extension.

Another option is to check if there are any previous versions of the file. You can do this by right-clicking on the file in File Explorer and selecting "Properties," then clicking on the "Previous Versions" tab. If any previous versions are available, you can restore the most recent version.

If these options do not work, you may need to resort to a data recovery tool. These tools can scan the user's hard drive for recover deleted files Mac and attempt to recover them. However, it's important to note that data recovery can be a complex and time-consuming process, and there is no guarantee that the file can be fully recovered.

In any case, it's important to encourage your user to save their work regularly to prevent data loss in the future. Additionally, you may want to review the user's system settings and ensure that their PC is up to date with the latest updates and patches to minimize the risk of similar issues in the future.